For participation in Bhakra Nangal Wheels and Strides 2019, including related programs and/or activities (“Event”)
Please read this entire acknowledgement waiver and release from liability form carefully before continuing with your entry and/or signing.
I understand that by electronically checking the acceptance box of this acknowledgement, waiver and release from Liability conditions, I acknowledge my acceptance of the terms and conditions set out on the event website and within the event’s online registration system. If another person has submitted my registration for the event, I understand that person is assumed to be my agent and that person has accepted on my behalf all the terms and conditions set out on the event website and within the event’s online registration system. In consideration of being permitted by the District Olympic Association, Rupnagar (hereafter “Organiser”) to participate in the event, I acknowledge and agree as follows:
Acknowledgement and assumption of risks
The event and other activities associated with the event can take place indoors or outdoors in various locations and can include, but are not limited to: warm-up exercises; competitive running, walking and cycling, both in practice and in the event; demo (trying out) gear; participation in training, demonstrations or other games and activities, attendance at any activities and traveling in vans, buses or other vehicles to and from activities (the event and other activities collectively referred to as “activities”). Activities may be scheduled or unscheduled, mandatory or optional, structured or unstructured and include free time. I acknowledge that the inherent and other risks, hazards and dangers (collectively referred to as “risks”) of these activities can cause injury, damage, death or other loss to participant or others. These risks include but are not limited to those associated with: any competitive or athletic activity; the need for extreme fitness and endurance; an outdoor environment; the decision making and conduct of Organiser’s staff members, volunteers, contractors, co-participants or others; cycling, running, walking or other activities; the participant’s personal health and participation, whether participant’s health conditions are disclosed or undisclosed, known or unknown; locations or premises; equipment; and the conduct of co-participants, spectators and/or other third parties.
I understand and agree:
- I will review all materials received, accurately complete and agree to the registration information, documents and process, and obey all rules and policies at all times. These rules and policies include, but are not limited to, the rules and conditions as detailed on the event website (www.bnws.in), the National Anti Doping Agency Regulations, the competitive and administrative rules of District Olympic Association, Rupnagar, as may be amended, and all traffic laws. Failure to comply in any way with these matters may lead to me being pulled from the event and disqualified.
- My final acceptance and participation in the event are contingent upon Organiser’s receipt and review of all required information and forms.
- I am fully capable of participating in the event without causing harm to myself or others. I further agree that I am physically fit, have sufficiently trained for participation in this event and I have not been advised otherwise by a qualified medical person.
- I agree to respect the rights, dignity and worth of every individual at the event including participants, volunteers and spectators. I will at all times act professionally and responsibly and maintain high standards in respect to my language and actions and will not discriminate against any person on any grounds but in particular based on sex, sexual orientation, ethnicity, religion, ability or performance.
- Before participating in any activities, I may inspect the race course, facilities, equipment, and areas to be used, if I choose. I will immediately advise organiser or an event official if I believe or become aware that the race course, facilities, equipment or areas to be used in the event are unsafe.
- The information provided in here is not exhaustive, other unknown or unanticipated activities, inherent or other risks and outcomes may exist, and organiser cannot assure my safety or eliminate all risks. Organiser representatives are available should I have further questions about the activities or the associated risks.
- I am voluntarily participating with knowledge of the risks. Therefore, I assume and accept full responsibility for myself, for the inherent and other risks (both known and unknown) of the activities, and for any injury, damage, death or other loss I may suffer, resulting from those inherent and other risks, including but not limited to the risk of my, a co-participants, a released party’s, a spectator’s, a volunteer and/or a third party’s passive or active negligence or other misconduct.
Release and Indemnity
Please read carefully, this release and indemnity section contains a surrender of certain legal rights. In consideration of the acceptance of my entry, I hereby take action for myself, my executors, administrators, heirs, next of kin, successors and assigns as follows:
- I hereby waive, release and discharge organiser, event sponsors, event organizers, event promoters, event producers, the race director, event officials, event staff, advertisers, administrators, contractors, vendors, volunteers, Civil Administration Rupnagar or other area or district Councils or local bodies of whatever nature in which the event may be staged, Punjab Police and security agencies, and all property owners and state, city, town, country, and other governmental bodies, and/or municipal agencies whose property and/or personnel are used and/or in any way assist in locations where the activities take place, and each of their respective parent, subsidiary and affiliated companies, assignees, licensees, owners, officers, directors, trustees, partners, board members, shareholders, members, supervisors, insurers, agents, employees, volunteers, contractors and representatives and all other persons or entities associated or involved with the activities (individually and collectively referred to as the “released party” and the “released parties”) with respect to any and all claims, liabilities, suits or expenses (including attorneys’ fees and costs) (collectively referred to as “claim” or “claim/s”) for any injury, damage, death, lost and/or stolen property or other loss in any way connected with my enrolment or participation in the activities, negligence, whether passive or active, of the released parties, any breach by the released parties of statutory duty, and/or use of any equipment, facilities or premises, howsoever caused. I agree here to waive all claims I may have against the released parties and agree that neither I nor my estate, heirs, assigns or beneficiaries not anyone else acting on my behalf, will make a claim against the released parties for any injury, damage, death or any other loss that I may suffer.
- I hereby Indemnify and hold harmless the released parties with respect to any and all claim/s brought by or on behalf of me, my spouse, a family member, a co-participant or any other person, for any injury, damage, death or other loss in any way connected with my enrolment or participation in the activities, negligence, whether passive or active, of the released parties, any breach by the released parties of statutory duty and/or use of any equipment, facilities or premises, howsoever caused.
- This release and indemnity section includes but is not limited to claims for personal injury or wrongful death (including claims related to emergency, medical, drug and/or health issues, response, assessment, or treatment), property damage, loss of consortium, breach of contract or any other claim, including claims resulting from the negligence of the released parties, whether passive or active.
I understand and agree:
- If I am signing as the participant’s legal guardian, I have the legal authority to act for the participant and on their behalf. If my guardian status is challenged or found invalid, I will defend and indemnify the released parties, to the fullest extent allowed by law and per the provisions of this terms, just as if I were the participant’s lawful legal guardian.
- If I wish to withdraw from the event, the event-specific cancellation policy set out on the event website will apply.
- The athlete information packets (which contain each athlete’s race bib and timing chip) must be picked up by the registered athlete in person at the scheduled athlete check-in prior to the event, as detailed on the event website (www.bnws.in). I hereby acknowledge that photo identification will be required to check-in and pick-up my athlete information packet.
- I agree, to the release (to or by the organiser, insurance carriers, other health care providers and their staff, representatives or contractors) of any medical information or records necessary. I agree to provide the name and contact phone number of a person, who is not a participant in the event, who can be contacted in the event of an emergency.
- I grant to organiser, its affiliates, designees and assignees the right and permission to photograph, film, record and/or otherwise capture in any media the name, image, voice, written statement, photograph and/or visual likeness of me and/or my family members (collectively “images”), with right to sublicense, during the activities or otherwise, without compensation, for use for any purpose in any media throughout the world in perpetuity, including but not limited to use in broadcasts, photographs, publications, podcasts, webcasts, motion pictures, brochures, CDs, DVDs, internet websites, social media platforms, television, and/or in any related commercial, informational, educational, advertising, or promotional materials. I understand that all ownership and copyright rights in the images shall be owned by the organiser and I waive any inspection or approval rights. I understand and agree that my name, bib number and race results will be available to the public during and after the event.
- I consent to organiser providing my personal details to authorized third parties for non-marketing related matters.
- I consent to my name and contact details being included on the organiser event database and that unless I specify to the contrary, I will be subscribed to various organiser related publications which may include a newsletter and other promotional materials about upcoming events. I acknowledge that I am able to opt-out of these services at any time. I agree that if I choose not to be included on the organiser event database I may still receive newsletters that relate to the event in which I have registered. I also agree that it is my responsibility to obtain information and event updates from the event website or other authorized sources only.
- I am fully responsible for the security of my personal possessions at the event and organiser will not be liable for the loss or replacement of any personal possessions.
- The organiser reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to dismiss any participant from the activities, to deny or revoke entry of any applicant at any time, to issue special entries and/or to disqualify any participant from the event. If I am dismissed or depart for any reason, I agree that I am responsible for all costs of early departure whether for medical reasons, dismissal, personal emergencies or otherwise. If my event entry application is denied or revoked, I agree that organiser is not responsible for costs incurred or damages suffered by me or my family in excess of the amount of the entry fee. In the event that organiser denies or disqualifies any participant from the event (either before or during the event), the organiser will not refund any entry fees to that participant where the participant has misrepresented their eligibility to participate in the event at the time of entry or has breached any of the conditions mentioned here.
- Organiser, in its sole discretion, may delay, modify, or cancel the event, including the right to alter the advertised course or start time (at their absolute discretion). If the event is delayed, modified, or cancelled, including but not limited to acts of God or the elements (including without limitation, wind, rough water, rain, hail, hurricane, tornado, earthquake), acts of terrorism, fire, threatened or actual strike, labor difficulty, work stoppage, insurrection, war, public disaster, flood, unavoidable casualty, race course conditions, or any other cause beyond the control of the organiser, there shall be no refund of the event’s entry fee or any other costs incurred in connection with the event.
- These terms and conditions are effective in regard to participant’s enrolment or participation in the activities from the date signed through the completion of all activities and shall remain in full force and effect following completion of all activities.
- The organiser may assign these terms and conditions to other entity/s or individual/s (“assignees”) at any time, and any such assignment will grant assignees the full rights and protections accorded here.
Riders under 18 years and above 15 years of age
Can participate in 100 Kms, 70 Kms, 30 Kms after ascertaining parents/legal guardian’s consent. They will have to submit a signed Indemnity Bond – at the time of reporting for race and Race Kit collection.
We value your privacy information, so your private information will be protected and bnws.in is committed to safeguarding your privacy when making online registrations. While registering on our account, users shall provide their personal registration information.
We do not sell, lease, rent or otherwise disclose your personal data to third parties unless otherwise stated below.
We may be obligated by mandatory law to disclose your personal data to certain authorities or other third parties, for example, to law enforcement agencies acting for the security of the participants. We may also disclose and otherwise process your personal data in accordance with applicable law to defend The District Olympic Association, Rupnagar’s legitimate interests. These authorized third parties are not permitted to use your personal data for any other purposes. We bind them contractually, require them to act consistently with this policy and to use appropriate security measures to protect your personal data.